Surprisingly entertaining!

It Happened One Autumn  - Lisa Kleypas

I picked up this book for lack of anything else to read, Lillian annoyed me to the third degree in the first book and Westcliff came off as such an asshole. I could just not wrapped my head around liking these two as a romantic couple. However, I picked it up anyways.

Boy, was I in for a surprise!

At first Lillian annoyed me and Westcliff was even worse but, as I persisted, I started to like these two. I started to enjoyed their fights and found their scenes charged with romantic tension and longing. The sex was great and I really felt like they had a relationship and they understood each other, at least a little bit.

I'm so happy that I picked it up, maybe if I picked up Daisy's book I will like it as well.

“If you won’t marry me for the sake of your own honor, then do it for the sake of everyone who would have to tolerate me otherwise. Marry me because I need someone who will help me to laugh at myself. Because someone has to teach me how to whistle. Marry me, Lillian… because I have the most irresistible fascination for your ears.”  ( Westcliff to Lillian. It Happened One Autumn by Lisa Kleypas)

“There is something about you that makes me feel terribly wicked. You make me want to do shocking things. Maybe it's because you're so proper. Your necktie is never crooked, and your shoes are always shiny. And your shirts are so starchy. Sometimes when I look at you, I want to tear off all your buttons. Or set your trousers on fire. I've so often wondered-are you ticklish, my lord?” (Lillian to Westcliff.  It Happened One Autumn by Lisa Kleypas)