It gave me shudders

Dragon Actually  - G.A. Aiken

I DNFed this book at 11% and it was a hard decision, I struggled through it for a couple of days but ultimately I had to face the truth.

The writing is kind of silly and at times very cliché but that wasn't what turned me off this book. What turned me off Dragon Actually was nothing but the main couple. Yup, I just couldn't stomach the darn thing and this is why;

Quote 1;
His long tail following behind. But Annwyl wondered if it had a will of its own as it whipped out and wrapped itself around her leg. For a brief moment she worried it might drag her across the room. But instead it caressed her leg, the ebony scales rubbing against her calf. Then it released her and disappeared with the dragon that wielded it. Long after he’d gone and she slid herself back under the fur covers, Annwyl still felt where he’d touched her leg.

Quote 2;
She ripped one of the shirts into long, wide strips, her chest moving seductively in time with her actions. When done, she used the strips to wrap around her breasts, binding them in place. She pulled another plain shirt on over her head, pulled on the boots and stood before the dragon.

“Well? What do you think?”

I think you’re the most amazing female I’ve ever met. And I would like to fuck you all night long. Bend over.

“What do I think about what?” She sighed. “Typical male.”

Quote 3;
He watched her walk away. Watched her tight rear move in those leather leggings. He couldn’t help himself. He swatted that rear with his tail.

“Oi!” She jumped and turned to glare at the dragon. “What was that for?”

Quote 4;
She’d taken the bindings off and he could see the outline of the perfectly round mounds under the cotton shirt. Gods, Fearghus! Get control of yourself!

Now all this happened while he looked like this;

Now, I don't know about you but I have never looked at some lizard and though it was just the sexiest thing I have seen ever and no man will ever do. Except you know, the human male form of said lizard because the dragon shape shifts but his main form is that of a giant lizard.

Yes, I felt like the above gif. I just couldn't identify with Anwyl and her romantic lizard love interest. This book is thinly veiled Monster Erotica and that is just not for me. I have also pretty quickly realized that this author other books are also monster erotica disguised as PNR and no, just no.