Across the Universe - Beth Revis Undoubtedly this book strongest part is the beginning, it truly eclipses the middle and the end. What a wonderful and rich beginning! I was truly impressed with it. Now, make no mistake this is a character driven story, the plot in and of itself is rather weak but the setting and characters are exciting enough for me to give it a 5 star review and gush about the rich imagery that Authoress Beth Revis is able to paint with words. This series certainly has potential and the slow friendship and romantic undertones between Elder and Amy (the main characters and narrators) is beautiful and interesting enough to keep you reading. While it is true that the plot is sometimes predictable and mystery easily unravel before the ending it did not take away from the my reading experience at all. I felt just as scare and claustrophobic about the terrible truth as the characters. Having said this, Beth Revis is an author worth watching her ability with words to write exciting imagery, write characters, make you feel emotions are truly special.