The 5th Wave - Rick Yancey

This book from hell made me cry, gasp hysterically, hyperventilate and feel a lump in my throat. Its at times terrifying and romantic, suspenseful and thrilling. All the gore and guts, the military setting and gut wrenching moments where you just know the world, and life as you know it, is truly over. But in middle of all that, love blossoms and its so beautiful.

I had to read this book slowly or it would have overwhelm me. There was so much to take in, so much to understand and assimilate emotionally. I just... At times it reminded me of Angelfall by Susan Ee and The Eternity Cure by Julie Kagawa. I don't think I am kidding anybody when I say its one of the best book I will probably read this year.

The emotional intensity and the drama of the plot, the development of the characters. Its just too awesome. I love everyone in this book. Evan, oh my god Evan. Cassie, sweet Cassie strip of everything and thrown into a world where there is only death and chaos. Ben, whom I love. Ringer who is a badass. Sammy, sweet fiver year old, bear totting Sammy, somebody save that kid. Somebody save them all because the world has gone to hell and anybody at any time can die. Author Yancey isn't afraid of putting his characters through the ringer or ripping you heart out and making you eat it. However, I can guarantee you will love every minute of it while gasping in horror.