Killing Sarai (Killing Sarai, #1)

Killing Sarai (Killing Sarai, #1) - J.A. Redmerski

This book is a common case of "could have been better" There is an interesting story here to tell, sadly it is buried under grammatical errors, stilted dialogue and exposition and characters with an emotional flat line.

There where parts I liked very much but I felt that as a whole this story needed a lot more work and editing. There was verb confusion, repeating a character's name twice in a sentence, starting sentences with "I" four times in a single paragraph. It felt more like I was reading the bare bones of a story and not the finish product. I hope the author next time takes her time to polish off the story.

BTW, this book kept promising me sex but we never got much of it, in fact the male lead kept cock blocking himself and it sounded unrealistic to me. He also kind of care too much for Sarai's feelings and that just reeked of him being romanticize. Sarai's headspace is also one long emotional flat line.For everyone out there reading this review, Nenia Campbell did it better in Cloak and Dagger. Seriously, go read that one.