The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld, Book 1)

The Darkest Night - Gena Showalter So, the stupid heroine, Ashlyn, decides to go in search of some dark demons, disregarding all logic and reason, in order to stop hearing the voices in her head... or something. The main male lead is a violent bastard that unleashed the demons in Pandora's box on the world because him, and the rest of his buddies, got upset that the task of protecting said dangerous box was given to a woman and not them. He also murdered Pandora in a fit of rage.Yep, you read that right. They messed up the world all because they couldn't stand the fact that a woman would show them up and then Maddox killed her violently while cursed as the demon of Violence. Charming male protagonist, I am in love already. Uploaded with ImageShack.usSo, Ashly and Maddox meet while she is trying to get to the place he lives with the rest of his charming buddies and he is a hellion who throws knifes at her for trespassing and calls her 'woman' to get her attention in a derogatory manner. Logically, she is over the moon with him because he makes the voices stop and he is hot. Never mind the fact that he threw knifes at her and is threatening bodily harm, he is hot and smells of something indescribable so she wants him. Uploaded with ImageShack.usI stopped reading at this point, it was bad, I want my money back.